Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Thoughts today.

My brain decided to take the day off, I believe.  It's so good to have my supplements again. I will have to take Lucky Vitamin up on their re-order option, although shipping did take longer than expected, I think I'll just buy all my vitamins there earlier. It was really stinking cheap. Like, so cheap, that with the name kinda sounding Engrish, I thought they might be located in China, but nope - Pennsylvania. Says so right here on the box.

I went to the orthopedic doctor today. I've been having worsening pain in my neck, shoulders, arms and hands. (I call them my T. Rex arms now, because they're useless if I get stuck in a mud pit.) Driving and typing for long periods aggravate it. So, it's been awhile since my last post...and I'm going to be doing a lot of driving soon...thus to ortho I went. My ulna doesn't sit in the wrist like a normal person. Dr. Sheely says it's short. I got my smarts, smile,  rebellious spirit and open-mind from my mom, my hazel eyes, charm, sense of humor and mischief from my father, dark hair from the both of them, and then ALL their bad genes. Every single thing that lay dormant or recessive, or was out in the open, funneled into this genetic chaos that is Wendy. Point is, I'm a freak of nature, but I'm dealing with it. It's not easy to deal with, though. My hands are curling in, and the doctor didn't go into details, but she mentioned it could be Dupreytins...or something like that. Basically, a cord formation in your fascia that pulls your fingers down into a half fist. Bugger, let it be something else! I got fitted for new braces. And, then, when I get back from Georgia, a nerve test! This means a neurologist will stick needles in my muscles to see if my nerves are correctly transferring signals. They're not, you know...but I guess we gotta do tests. I really must be a masochist, trying to get better.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to know the results of the trip to the doc. Let it be something else! Damn you genetics.. I hope you have a good time in GA <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ew. I met a guy in AA who had little deformed arms because his mother took Thalidomide. He could barely touch his hands together. One guy thought it would be difficult to become a drunk if one were so handicapped. My friend Pete said "Sure, just use a straw. Now, being a junkie could get tricky."

    ReplyDelete