Sunday, November 28, 2010

Tonight, my hubby and I were out with some friends at a bar. A bunch of bands were playing, and like normal, I was hiding in the back in my wheelchair. I was feeling really cute. I'm still feeling really cute. <br /><br />I'm not sure how to go about this story, so I'll just hop right in. <br /><br />I saw a short fat woman there who was middle-aged, and wearing a sequins scarf that looked like tinsel. I didn't think much about her at first other than, hey she's relatively my same size and shape and ew...sequins (only because I personally dislike sequins). Later, however, I realized she was a part of one of the bands, and changed into costume. Her costume was basically a tube top and pink tutu. After her&nbsp; performance (I have no idea what she did because I couldn't see the stage and was violently bored by the band), she put on a hoodie and joined the audience. I thought she looked so cute and so much younger in this other outfit. As she was getting settled back into the audience I heard the couple who was sitting behind us for most of the show, and their friend have this conversation:<br /><br />Friend: Is that a tutu? <br /><br />(giggles)<br /><br />Man of couple: I think it's a four four. <br /><br />At this all three of them cackled and the laughter of the couple carried on for several minutes. Way too long for a good, normal joke.<br /><br />I was horrified. I hope that lady didn't hear them, but I had ear plugs in and heard them plain as day. What I found most shocking of all is these weren't 'normies' or even 'inbetweenies'. These people were fat.&nbsp; The woman from the couple probably weighed the same amount as the other woman, but was at least a foot taller, maybe more. Doctors would definitely call these people obese.&nbsp;&nbsp;<br /><br />As the laughter continued, I texted my husband: Don't those people realize they're fat? He whispered in my ear he was thinking the same thing. <br /><br />I also saw another woman gesturing to&nbsp;her friend about how tutu lady was shaking her hips. There was a little bit of giggles, but I don't really know, maybe they thought her attitude was cute....but it really seemed like they were making fun of the fat lady in the tutu. And here again this woman doing the gesturing was fat.<br /><br />I found this all rather upsetting, and I didn't feel right at that place anyhow...so we left early. <br /><br />I talked to my husband about it over fries and he agreed the tutu lady was adorable. I thought she was very brave to get on stage at all, and then in a tutu! We just didn't understand how these people could joke so openly about this other woman's size when they were fat people, too.</p>I guess I could've yelled in their faces, &quot;YOU&nbsp;ARE&nbsp;FAT!&quot; I definitely felt like doing so, but I'm gimpy and can't run away and I hate confrontation. <br /><br />I really just wanted to vent and share this experience, I suppose, but I'd also like to hear your thoughts. <br /><br />Also, here is a pic of me and my hubby tonight, because I know you people love to look at pictures. <a href="http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=415823&id=1714588905">http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=415823&id=1714588905

No comments:

Post a Comment