Wednesday, November 24, 2010

A few more...

Apr 3, 2009
Leonard Cohen
That voice...
It's the tantalizing curiosity
of a dank, dark alleyway...
and it dares you to
brave its mystery.

Anticipation
tugs,
and you step forward
in the face
of danger.

Deep in the midst
of its
cold, cold
blackness
wisps of smoke
like ghost-arms
curl around
you.

Through this...
Embrace of Oblivion,
comes the laughter of
an aging playboy,
and the assurance
that
all
is
well.


Jul 26, 2009
Golden Girls.
I have wrinkles.
Tiny little lines around my eyes.
Most women dread and fear them,
but I'm thinking I'll embrace mine.
How do I know that I won't be
exponentially cuter with
a few more creases,
folds,
pounds?
I want to grow cute-old
like Betty White,
being me,
living life.
If you come along,
maybe one day I'll
thank you for being a friend.

Jan 14, 2006

Behind a smile that asphyxiates.
A laugh that lies.
Far from the vain banter and passion-choking, soul-munching drudgery...
Drink a cup of tea with me.
We'll shed the masks we use to pass through this world.
Slough off this decay.
Be new and intimate again.
Twins in the womb.
Warm.
Safe.


Dec 1, 2005

This tattoo on my arm
Mocks me.
Never Give Up.
I want to cut it out.
It was one year ago
This week
I got it.
Tacoma was there.
The last trip I
Saw him out of
A hospital bed.
We smoked pot
And ice
(in broken lightbulbs
because I shattered the pipe
fiending)
at my suite
in the Hampton Inn,
and hid a fugitive
for awhile.
I (like always)
Spent too much money
On people
That will never
Appreciate it.
But
For the moments longer
It gave me with my
Beloved,
I would burn everything
I have now.
For one more conversation,
Hug
Or
Kiss…
I’d torch it all.
True friendship is not
A marriage of
Convenience,
But
A labour of love
That bridges distance,
Status, age, creed,
race and reason.


 Dec 3, 2005

Go ahead.
Sip that coffee-
Black.
Peer out over this river
Of nameless faces.
Judgement waters
Your eyes
Like pre-cum.
Don’t think I don’t know.
That I can’t feel
Those waves of contempt
Crash over me.
Suck on my sweet smile,
On my coy, demure shell.
Temp Job - 1
                    Suck on it, and choke, bitch.

Temp Job - 2
I won’t be one of your
Little ducks,
Or pretty maids
all in a row.
I won’t go gently into that good night.
Like Dylan Thomas said,
I’ll rage against the dying of the light.
I won’t race to climb into my casket,
I’ll live to be the thorn in your side.
I’ll be that pebble in your loafer, motherfucker.
The reason you can’t sleep at night.
Winston Churchill, I'm sorry.
.7

No comments:

Post a Comment